Blues Flag Rugby
In 2019, the Bytown Blues, Ottawa Irish and Manor Park are combining forces to run the East Ottawa Flag Rugby House League. It will be run in the Spring and Fall, and will occur on Friday nights. This is for flag rugby ONLY, contact rugby is run through the club (see programs).
The purpose of this is to provide the best possible learning experience for young kids in a safe, non-contact environment. The program will consist of U7, U9, U11 and U13 age grades, and will be run in a co-ed nature (boys and girls on same teams).
The practices and games will be every Friday night during the spring and fall seasons. The first half of Friday will be training, followed by house league games for the second part of the night.
This has two changes:
- We will be running the House League at Manor Park (a much better venue with facilities and a playground!)
- We will be running the House League on Friday nights (and bringing out the barbecues afterwards!
Worried about not being a Blue?
Don’t worry! Each level will have a collection of “teams” – Blues, Irish, and Manor Park – and you will be given your selection of teams after registration.
Kids will all get a new shirt and ball, and the shirts will correspond to their teams.
Manor Park Flag Rugby
- Fridays: May 3 to Jun 21 2019
- U7 & U9: 6:00 – 7:00 PM
- U11 & U13: 6:00 – 7:30 PM
- $140 – players get a team shirt and rugby ball (new players)
Please register at manorpark.ca