Ottawa’s Bytown Blues Rugby Club has Twenty Players Named to Eastern Ontario Rugby Union’s U18 Rep SidePosted on:
Ottawa’s Bytown Blues Rugby Club commitment to becoming one of Canada’s top rugby clubs – on and off the field – is paying off as twenty members of the central Ottawa based rugby club’s U18 squad have been named to the Eastern Ontario Rugby Union’s U18 representative squad.
Luc Delannoy, Mason Fatoric, Liam Birkwood, Laurent Sequeira, Fraser Hill, Tim Campanale,
Irving Casabon-Sosa, Ethan Saunders, Alex Carr, Ryan Hartvich, Jonah Nadler, Tristan Hooey, Mason Dingwall, Christian St.Louis, Haider Mohamed, John Shaw, Revaz Jinjikadze, Hasan Mohasar and brothers Kevin and James Vuckovic were all named to the EORU squad following one of the toughest U18 trial programs in years.
The Bytown Blues and the EORU junior program have developed a number of stellar players in the past few years including 6 players from last year’s program that went on to trial for spots on various Canadian National teams. The Bytown Blues Rugby Club’s John Shaw and Tristan Hooey both made the Canada U17 squad and proudly represented their schools, club and the EORU.
“The Bytown Blues Rugby Club is interested not only in developing great young rugby players but we also are proud to play a role in seeing so many of our young players grow into excellent young men and contributors to their schools and community,” said Curtis Crawford, President, Bytown Blues RFC. “We are pleased to see that so many of our young players have developed a true love for the game of rugby, and that they in turn are introducing many of their friends and schoolmates to the game as well. That so many of our players are representing Ottawa and Eastern Ontario is something that the whole Bytown Blues community can be proud of.”
This year’s EORU U18 squad will have one of the toughest schedules in the history of EORU representative rugby. Scheduled games include:
• July 9 – Monday – Manchester Grammar School (England) U16 and U18
• July 12 – 15 Eastern Canadian Championship – Truro, Nova Scotia
• July 17 – Tuesday – Merchiston Castle School (Edinburgh) U17 and U18
• July 20 – Friday – Dinnington Comprehensive School (Sheffield) U17
• July 21 & 22 – National Capital Youth Rugby Festival
• Cokethorpe School (Witney, Oxfordshire) U16 and U18
• Shelford Rugby Club (Great Shelford, Cambridge) U16
• July 24 – Tuesday – Ysgol Gyfun Maes-y-Yrfa. (Wales) U16 kickoff 6pm
• August 15 – Wednesday – Mount St Mary’s College (England) U18 and U16 (at SNP)